Cumin and Coriander Chick Pea Salad
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, crush together the garlic and salt. To prepare the dressing, mix in olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the garbanzo beans, yellow bell peppers, green onions, and cilantro. Mix in the dressing. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator.