Green Olive & Almond Spread
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or parsley, (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine olives, almonds, tarragon or parsley and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse in food processor until roughly chopped. Add oil in a steady stream and process just until the oil is absorbed. (Alternatively, finely chop the olives, almonds and tarragon by hand and combine with lemon juice and oil in a medium bowl.) The spread should have a coarse but easily spoonable texture. Let stand for about 30 minutes for the flavor to develop.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.